Published August 19, 2013
Services are offered for active duty, dependents, retirees, Guard and Reserve.
Work and School
* School/Sports physicals provided for dependents and beneficiaries
* Wellness exams performed
* Members referred to nutritional medicine referrals/referrals to HAWC classes
* Referral to airman readiness center/life skills/military one source
* University Medical Center protocols/SARC
Need for Medication
* Medications prescribed and filled
Schedule and appointment with your PCM for:
* Smoking Cessation Program
* Family Medicine Residency (FMR)
* Residency Program
Behavioral Health Optimization Program (BHOP)
Building 1058, 1st Floor
What is the Behavioral Health Consultation Service?
The BHC service is a program available to patients within the Family Health, Internal Medicine, Women's Health and Pediatrics Clinics as a part of overall good health care. The purpose of this service is to offer assistance when stress, worry, or emotional concerns about physical or other life problems are interfering with someone's daily life.
The BHC is a psychologist, social worker or nurse practitioner with speciality training who works as a member of the primary care team. This team approach allows us to consider physical, behavioral and emotional aspects of health.
BHCs can help reduce symptoms associated with various chronic medical conditions or help you cope better with these conditions. BHCs can help you develop plans for behavioral change programs, such as smoking cessation, weight loss, alcohol use, exercise or other lifestyle modifications.
BHCs can also help with emotional or behavioral problems such as family or relationship difficulties, excess stress, bereavement, depression, anxiety or anger problems.