Elizabeth F. Adams is Director, Air Force District of Washington Ceremonies and Protocol. She is responsible for advising the AFDW Commander on ceremony and protocol issues within the National Capital Region. She plans and coordinates ceremonies to support Headquarters Air Force, oversees scheduling and management of the Jacob E. Smart Conference Facility and oversees the Headquarters Air Force directed visiting General Officers' Program which provides lodging and transportation service to general officers transiting the National Capital Region
Mrs. Adams commissioned into the U.S. Air Force in 1986 and served 20 years before retiring as a lieutenant colonel in 2006. During her tenure, she served in the security forces career field, as a ceremonial guardsman and as a protocol officer. She also served three years as an Inspector General assigned to Department of Defense Inspector General.
Mrs. Adams began her second career as a civil servant in 2007. Prior to being assigned to AFDW, Mrs. Adams was the Chief, Security Assessments Branch, U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Washington, D.C.
1986 Bachelor of Arts, criminal justice , Indiana University, Ind.
1995 Master's, security management, Webster University, Mo.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2011 The Protocol School of Washington, Washington D.C.
1. October 1986 – August 1988, flight security officer, 44th Missile Security Squadron , Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D.
2. August 1988 – June 1990, shift commander and officer in charge of weapons systems security, 18th Security Police Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan
3. June 1990 – July 1992, officer in charge, readiness, 347th Security Police Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
4. July 1992 – September 1993, executive officer, 305th Support Group, Grissom AFB, Ind.
5. September 1993 – Feburary 1996, officer in charge and later deputy commander, U.S. Air Force Honor Guard Drill Team, Bolling AFB, Washington D.C.
6. February 1996 – September 1997, Commander, operations flight, 89th Security Forces Squadron, Andrews, Md.
7. September 1997 – July 1998, chief, plans and resources branch, Directorate of Security Forces, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. July 1998 – March 2000, command protocol officer, office of the commander , Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill
9. March 2000 – June 2001, Director, Ceremonies and Protocol, Headquarters 11th Wing, Bolling AFB, Washington D.C.
10. June 2001 – September 2003, Commander, United States Air Force Honor Guard, Bolling AFB, Washington, D.C.
11. September 2003 – October 2006, program evaluator, Office of the Inspector General, Department of Defense, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
12. January 2007 – January 2009, chief, Security Assessments Branch, U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Washington D.C.
13. January 2009 – Feburary 2014, Deputy Director, Ceremonies and Protocol, Air Force District of Washington, Andrews AFB, Md.
14. Feburary 2014 – present, Director, Ceremonies and Protocol, Air Force District of Washington, Andrews AFB, Md
AWARDS AND HONORS
Meritorious Civilian Service Medal
Defense Meritorous Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Acheivement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Southwest Asia Service Medal
Kuwait Liberation Medal
(Current as of July 2014)