Colonel Robert F. Booth is the Staff Judge Advocate for the Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. AFDW organizes, trains and equips combat forces for aerospace expeditionary forces, homeland operations, civil support, national special security events and ceremonial events. In addition, AFDW serves as the Uniform Code of Military Justice authority for more than 40,000 Airmen and provides major command-level support for more than 60,000 personnel assigned worldwide.
Colonel Booth attended Creighton University under an ROTC scholarship, graduating in 1991. Upon graduation, he was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the Air Force and was granted an educational delay to attend Creighton University Law School. He is a member of the state bar of Nebraska.
1991 Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
1995 Juris Doctor, Creighton University, Omaha, Neb.
1998 Squadron Officer’s School, by correspondence
2000 Squadron Officer’s School, in residence
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
1. October 1995 – April 1998, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, 55th Wing, Offutt Air Force Base, Neb.
2. May 1998 – September 2000, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, (Chief of Civil Law, Chief of Environmental Law, Chief of Military Justice), 354th Fighter Wing, Eielson AFB, Alaska
3. September 2000 – July 2003, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, (Chief of Environmental Law, Chief of Military Justice), 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Az.
4. July 2003 – February 2006, Staff Judge Advocate, Air University, Air Force Officer Accession and Training Schools, Maxwell AFB, Ala. (February 2006 – November 2006, Deputy Staff Judge Advocate, 354th Army Civil Affairs Brigade, Baghdad, Iraq)
5. November 2006 – July 2009, Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, (Chief of Fiscal Law, Chief of Ethics, Chief of Adverse Actions, Executive Officer), HQ Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
6. July 2009 – July 2012 – Staff Judge Advocate, 9th Reconnaissance Wing, Beale AFB, Ca.
7. July 2012 – July 2014 - Staff Judge Advocate, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, Neb.
8. July 2014 – June 2016 – Chief, General Litigation Division, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
9. June 2016 – July 2017 – Director, Strategic Plans and Programs, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. July 2017 – Present – Staff Judge Advocate, Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 18, 1991
First Lieutenant May 18, 1993
Captain April 1, 1996
Major October 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel October 1, 2008
Colonel January 1, 2014