Nancy Zbyszinski is the Director, Manpower, Personnel and Services, Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland. She is responsible for supporting more than 26,000 military and Department of the Air Force civilian personnel worldwide. She provides manpower, personnel and services support to Headquarters Air Force and Air Force Elements in the White House, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Joint Staff and Defense agencies in the National Capital Region, and around the world. Ms. Zbyszinski also provides expeditionary combat forces for Air Expeditionary Forces capability, and wartime customer support to Air Force personnel and their families.
Ms. Zbyszinski began her career in the Air Force in 1986 after receiving her commission as a distinguished graduate through the Air Force ROTC program at California State University, Long Beach. Her career includes command and leadership positions in a variety of Air Force assignments worldwide.
Ms. Zbyszinski is a core personnel officer with over 29 years’ experience. Prior to her current assignment, she served as the Reserve Deputy to the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Washington D.C. In this capacity she was responsible for strategic plans and integration for the Manpower and Reserve Affairs office.
1986 Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science, California State University, Long Beach, California
1991 Squadron Officer's School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
1998 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama, by seminar
2002 Master of Arts degree in Foreign Affairs, St Mary's University, San Antonio, Texas
2003 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Alabama, by seminar
2012 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va
2013 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va
1. October 1986 – August 1991, Chief, Career Progression, Personnel Utilization, and Personnel Programs, 35th Mission Support Squadron, George AFB, Ca.
2. August 1990 – April 1991, Chief, Personnel Support for Contingency Operations, 35th Expeditionary Wing, Sheik Isa AB, Bahrain
3. August 1991 – December 1992, Wartime Personnel Analyst, Air Force Wartime Personnel and Manpower Readiness Team, Ft Ritchie, Md.
4. August 1994 – February 1995, Personnel Officer, 459 Mission Support Squadron, Andrews AFB, Md.
5. February 1995 – July 1996, Chief, Military Personnel Flight, 442 Mission Support Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
6. July 1996 – December 1998, Commander, 452 Mission Support Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
7. December 1998 – July 2003, Chief, Reserve Affairs, Headquarters Air Education and Training Command, Randolph AFB, Texas.
8. July 2003 – July 2005, Director, Individual Reserve Programs, Headquarters Air Reserve Personnel Center, Denver, Colo.
9. July 2005 – April 2007, Director, Active Guard Reserve Management Office, Headquarters United States Air Force, Washington, DC.
10. April 2007 – November 2010, Commander, Readiness Management Group (RMG), Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
11. November 2010 – June 2014, Director of Personnel, Office of Air Force Reserve, Washington, DC
12. June 2013 – January 2014, Deputy Director, Task Force 2010, Combined Joint Interagency Task Force - Afghanistan, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
13. June 2014 – October 2015, Reserve Deputy to the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force, Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Washington, DC.
14. October 2015 – present, Director, Manpower, Personnel and Services, Air Force District of Washington, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Legion of Merit with two oak leaf clusters
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with valor device with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
(Current as of January 2016)